Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I finally got my netting up for my cucumbers to climb on. There is a plastic pole across the top of the netting, which will hold the netting tight while the weight of the climbing cucumbers increases.

My pickling cucumbers have sprouted and are doing well. We had a thunderstorm blow through here yesterday, but there was no damage in my yard--except that my arbor was blown into the deep end of our pool! If there had been anything growing on it, the arbor might have stayed put, but that was not the case. My tomatoes are either caged or tied to stakes, so they made it through the high wind; and all of my fruit trees are OK. A couple of days ago I topped my apricot and plum trees, so I think that helped.

I will be gone for the next two weeks. We are driving up to northern Idaho to visit family, and I won't be blogging during that time. I hope you have a beautiful May! Happy growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment