Thursday, November 5, 2009

Disneyland Gardens, part 2

Yesterday, Natalie left a comment, which I will address here.

Natalie: "I was just there [Disneyland] last weekend, and noticed all of the rosemary by the Peter Pan ride. I thought, 'How interesting. There's herbs.' I wonder how often they change the plants? Everything always looks so fresh."

Gard'n Judy: About thirty years ago I bought an Ortho book on flowers that talked about the gardens at Disneyland. If I remember right, I believe they re-planted their gardens five times a year, at the change of seasons. With summer so long, maybe they put in new flowers a couple of times that season. What makes such a big impact is the large stretches of a single flower type or a single color. I tried that for a couple of years with a bed in my yard and I had many compliments. The space was not real big, but it was a lot of work because it took a lot of flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I'm heading back next week and I'll be checking out the gardens with new eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will have a good time! If you take pictures of the flowers, send me a couple and I will post them!

    ReplyDelete