Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Disneyland Gardens

My husband likes to go to Disneyland to ride the rides--I go to see the gardens! The gardens I am most interested in are the herbs and vegetables! Have you ever noticed them? Mostly the gardens are full of beautiful flowers, but a few have edibles. The first picture had just been planted and shows lettuce, ornamental cabbage and some herbs. It will be pretty once it has filled out.

This bed is full of herbs and ornamental peppers. Towards the top of the picture were some artichoke plants (tall, spiky gray-green leaves).

This was an interesting little corner of sage and oregano stripes.

Of course, the whole park was done up in Halloween colors, with pumpkins and banners all over the place. This flower bed is part of the theme.

Over in the California Adventure side of the park, there was a large display of giant candy corn. This picture shows how the Candy "Corn" grows. I thought it was funny how the "seed packet" displays the corn in a husk growing in one direction and the corn plants have the "corn" growing in another direction!

This is a picture of Candy Corn "Squash" plants--I bet a lot more kids would eat this kind of "squash"! There was also Candy Corn "Tomatoes", Candy Corn "Carrots", and Candy Corn "Grapes".

2 comments:

  1. I was just there last weekend, and noticed all of the rosemary by the Peter Pan ride. I thought, "How interesting. There's herbs." I wonder how often they change the plants? Everything always looks so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See November 5, 2009 post for my comment--Gard'n Judy

    ReplyDelete