Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Look What I Found!

I have ordered a weed preventive on the internet, but this is the first time I have seen it in the store (it may have been there previously, but I didn't find it). It is made entirely of corn meal gluten, and is kind to people, pets and wild animals. That means we don't have to worry about making our children or pets sick, just to get rid of weeds. This kills the roots of just sprouting plants, but will not harm established plants, once they have their first true leaves. It says to reapply every four months. The label states that it can even be used in vegetable gardens. I got this at Lowe's in Clovis, in their outdoor plant area, where they have their organic plant foods (next to the houseplant items).

2 comments:

  1. That's always cool to find a GEM, huh? GOOD LUCK fending off all the weeds. MY yard is just a ridiculous mess. I hear Jerry Cole invented a cool hula hoe, I'd be interested in knowing how that works too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an easier way to get rid of weeds than pulling them out!

    ReplyDelete