Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tomato And Pepper Starts

This is how I have started my tomatoes and peppers--as I saw on the Wintersown website. The seeds sprout when the temperature is just right for them. I don't have to have indoor grow-lights and they don't need pampering, misting, or anything else. Instead of shuffling seedlings under the grow lights to keep them from getting leggy, they will all automatically get the right amount of sun.

They are really tiny right now because they just sprouted, but they will grow fast and strong. They will already be acclimated to the weather and sun, so no "hardening off" before planting. This is an easy way to go!

3 comments:

  1. oooh! Home grown veggies are love ! Maybe I should get some seeds after work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A salsa garden is my favorite. We only succeeded at this twice since we moved here and that was when my son Ben was tending it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica--Go for it! It is really easy!

    Lisa--You could do this, just keep the dog out of the garden! Or, grow a couple of pots of veggies. This year I am growing (but not eating!) Tepin Peppers, the hottest peppers in the world. My son searched a long time to locate them!--Gard'n Judy

    ReplyDelete