Monday, August 3, 2009

My To-Do List . . .

--I have fertilized most of my veggies, I now need to get the fruit trees fertilized.
--because I have gotten my garden planning organized, I will be able to maximize my garden by planting one 8'x4' box with green beans--I want to can them and I know approximately when they will be ready, so the calendar is cleared! Green beans are really easy to can, but it will still be a lot of work because of the quantity.
--I will directly seed into another garden bed: beets and Swiss chard.

---------------------------------------------

Planting by the moon:

Monday-Tuesday: Sagittarius--fairly good for all planting; no transplanting
Wednesday-Thursday: Capricorn--#1 for root crops; second best for above ground crops, transplanting
Friday-Saturday: Aquarius--very good for root crops; not good for above ground crops, transplants
Sunday-Tuesday: Pisces--second best for root crops; #1 for above ground crops, transplants, trees, bushes, vines

No comments:

Post a Comment