Monday, June 22, 2009

My To-Do List . . .

I see that no one but Jill stepped up to the plate and answered my little garden quiz--so Jill gets the award for being right! Harvesting vegetables as early in the morning as possible will give you the best, freshest tasting produce possible. The more the day heats up, the more the plants will stress, which affects the taste and quality of the produce. Great Job, Jill!!

--------------------------------------------

My To-Do list:

--fertilize my fruit trees
--transplant my peppers into the new, big raised garden box (done)
--plant Golden Bantam corn seeds (done)
--cut back my apricot trees by half of the new growth (see picture) (done)

-------------------------------------------

Planting by the Moon:

Monday---Taurus: #1 to plant root crops, transplant all; 2nd best for planting above ground plants
Tuesday-Wednesday---Gemini: 2nd best for planting and transplanting all
Thursday---Cancer: #1 for planting and transplanting all
Friday-Sunday---Leo: no planting or transplanting (a good time to weed, prune)

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with myself because I really had no idea. :) I was just thinking it seems everything in nature is at it's best in the morning.

    ReplyDelete