Sunday, June 21, 2009

National Eat Your Vegetables Day

This morning in the newspaper I read some quotes that were from comedians. One in particular caught my eye: "It's 'National Eat Your Vegetables Day.' It's the day America puts aside foods they like and eat vegetables."--Craig Ferguson

I said to myself--Not me, I like vegetables! Then I found a great recipe that I wanted to try: Sugar-Crusted French Toast! Oh, gosh, there are no vegetables in that--I guess I'm guilty of liking the goodies, too!

--------------------------------------------

Today is the official first day of summer---now it will get hot! This is also the longest day of the year, and from here the days will get shorter until we get to December 21, which is the shortest day of the year. That means less daylight for working in the garden. Now I'm depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment