Thursday, June 11, 2009

Peach Tree

I was looking out my back window a couple of days ago and saw that the peach tree side branches were beginning to open up, which meant that I needed to support them. The peaches are nowhere near ripening, but they are getting heavy enough to break branches---as they did---see below. Luckily, there was only one small branch that broke.

You can see in the top picture that I have put supports in place---plastic chairs! I generally use what is laying around. My peach trees didn't get pruned last winter and are in need of a good cutting-back (which they will get this winter, even though there will be less fruit). Their branches generally need support when the fruit gets heavy. (These are genetically miniature peach trees--rootstock only has been genetically changed).

No comments:

Post a Comment