Thursday, September 17, 2009

Evening Walk

Every morning and evening my Dad and I take Pepper, the dog, for a walk. The road goes up through a cemetery and loops around, connecting homes to the road that goes to town. The first picture is halfway up the through the cemetery, looking back down towards the east. The mountains can be seen above the tops of the trees.
In this picture, we have cut across the cemetery (on a dirt road) and this is looking towards the south-east. More mountains can be seen.
This picture is just up from my parent's home, looking towards the east. A home can be seen nestled in the trees.
This is a picture of another home, just up the road from the last picture, also looking east. Can you imagine living in such an idyllic place? You might think so until snow season arrives! The winters are long and the snow can continue into April or more! I was visiting here at the end of last March and it snowed every day. It's hard to garden in the snow!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I'd love to see inside the house too...but then I guess this is a gardening blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will show show you some pictures later, it's not likely most people will be interested!

    ReplyDelete