Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Harvesting . . .

My husband took really good care of my garden and I was able to harvest several eggplants, sweet peppers, and a couple of funny looking squash. I will harvest the hot peppers in a couple of days. I know that there are a bunch of tomatoes that are hiding, but they will soon be made into pizza sauce.

You may have noticed that some of my pictures have a brown smudge in the upper left corner. I am not sure why it is there as my camera is pretty new. I will try to find out what the problem is.

4 comments:

  1. Those red peppers look wonderful! Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill! It's good to be home--I think. It's hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather in Sandpoint looked like perfect Fall weather. Loved that apple tree pic. I'm actually surprised you didn't try to gather as many apples as possible and can them for your parents!

    You reall do a great job with your posts and provide such great info! Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa! Northern Idaho is definitely in fall mode--warm, then cold, then warm again. One day was 65' (32' that morning) and now back to 80+. I did want to go gather the apples, but my parents didn't have a canner. Besides that, my Dad has his own apple tree and will store the apples for eating and cooking this winter.

    ReplyDelete