Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vacation Time!

My computer is still slow, although not as slow as it has been. I am in Sandpoint, Idaho, and the weather is beautiful. I am finding it difficult to have time to post, so I may not post much until after I get home late Tuesday night (Sept. 22).

This is a picture of my Dad's garden. It is fall here (zone 6) and they have already had a frost (Sept. 6th) that nearly wiped out the garden. My Dad says that they have 90 days of growing--if they are lucky! That's why I live in California--where I can garden year-round.

The second picture is looking beyond their yard to the forest, which surrounds their home, although at at a short distance. They live on 2 acres.

4 comments:

  1. A frost already? Wow. We still aren't done with the 100' temps here. What a lot of land your parents have! I'd love to see more pictures from around there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first frost is in late October, so we have a while to go. I will be posting more scenic pictures--it is beautiful here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...your dad is where you love of gardening comes from. It's neat to see zone 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my Dad is the gardener that got me started. His Dad farmed, and so it is passed down through the generations--both of my sons enjoy growing vegetables!

    ReplyDelete