Monday, October 19, 2009

Begonias

About 7 years ago I had a little begonia plant that had been in it's pot for too long, and one day I just stuck it in the ground near my front door. Each year it has gotten bigger until now it's about 2 feet tall and about 3 feet wide. It is definitely happy where it is!

Because it is fall and cooling off doesn't mean there isn't anything blooming in the garden--my lantana and roses are still going strong; my pincushion flowers, dahlias, vinca, and alstroemeria are blooming. Not only that, by I have 2 kinds of hedges and 2 kinds of groundcover that are blooming! This was not by design, most of the garden design in my yard is done by accident.

The big-box stores have garden sections that are full of blooming plants that can be put into the garden now for fall/winter color. Planting in containers can help brighten up a shady area.

No comments:

Post a Comment