Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My To-Do List . . .

I have forgotten to do my to-do list for the garden, so I will start with today. I will be gone for about a week (leaving in a few days), so I will give the "planting by the stars" for the rest of the month. I haven't been working in the garden, partly because of the rain, and partly that I haven't planted any veggies this fall. I didn't want to plant veggies and then have them dry up while I was gone, but I may get some tomorrow anyway--it's hard for me to resist! And, looking at the planting signs below, it looks like I will have good planting days before I leave!

Planting by the Stars:

(Oct. 20-25)
Tuesday--Libra–not good planting root crops; very good for above ground crops
Wednesday-Thursday--Scorpio–2nd best for planting root crops; #1 planting above ground crops; good to set out fruit trees, flower bushes, vines
Friday-Sunday--Sagittarius–fairly good root crops, above ground crops; no transplanting

(Oct. 26-Nov. 1)
Monday--Capricorn–#1 planting root crops; 2nd best planting above ground crops and transplanting
Tuesday-Thursday--Aquarius–not good planting root crops; very good planting above ground crops (but not seeds, they will rot)
Friday-Sunday--Pisces–2nd best planting root crops; #1 planting above ground crops and transplanting above ground crops, trees, bushes, vines; good to weed

No comments:

Post a Comment