Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Container Class

I had a good time today--I went to the Colorful Container class at the Garden of the Sun. They even had a drawing, where they gave away three things. I won the pot and plant that is in the first picture! The plant is just sitting there, it's not planted yet. After the class I ran a few errands and then went to Lowe's. I got a few veggie plants and, of course, some flowers to put in my new pot (plus flowers for another container I have). Nothing like a class to inspire!

The veggies I bought were: chives (a perennial that will die back when the frost hits, but will grow again in the spring), 2 kinds of parsley (not cilantro), lettuce, and chard. The flowers I bought were: the large mum, apricot and white pansies, and a cranesbill (just because I like it!). The plant in the pot is a ground cover called: bacopa.

I'll post pictures of my pots when I get them planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment