Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mystery Spots

This morning it started raining, the first rain since last early spring (normal for here). When my husband was leaving for work, he saw these spots of foam on our sidewalk. He called me out to see them, and I took pictures. The first picture shows how random the spots are.

This picture shows the spots closest to me. Very strange looking!

This is a closer picture of the largest spot. I don't have a clue as to what they are--do you? If you do, please let me know!

[We are lucky here to have such nice weather--a couple of nights ago my Dad said they got down to 14', a new record for that night by 5' (Sandpoint, Idaho)].

2 comments:

  1. Could they be from snails? That's the only thing I can think of. Snails do come out in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good guess! The snails just sailed right along in the rain--it didn't seem to bother them much. I think snails foam up when you put salt on them, but not that much. I still don't know what it was.

    ReplyDelete