Monday, May 25, 2009

My To Do List . . .

This week I have a few things I would like to get done in the garden---what's on your list??

---fertilize my stone fruit trees, tomatoes, carrots, roses (done)
---finish pruning the hedges (9/10 done!)
---transplant my veggie starts into larger pots (done)
---take out anything that's left from the cole crops (turnips, bok choi, etc.) [see next post above]
(done)

I finally got all of the weeds pulled from my main vegetable box and layed them on top of the soil as a mulch. It was mostly crabgrass and I caught it before it went to seed. Soon I will cover them up with flakes of straw, when I get more straw.

I didn't get the bone meal to go after the pill bugs and ants, but I plan to this week.

Planting by the moon signs:

Monday-Tuesday: Taurus---#1 for planting root crops, including peanuts; good for transplanting everything, with it being 2nd best for transplanting above ground plants.

Wednesday: Gemini---2nd best for planting root crops, above ground crops and transplanting all crops.

Thursday-Friday: Cancer---#1 for planting root crops, above ground crops and transplants.

Saturday-Monday: Leo---not good for planting or transplanting; good for killing weeds, bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment